Businesses thrive in the digital marketplace. Many companies don’t even have a physical store. That’s no surprise since 40% of men and 33% of women say their ideal way to buy everything is online. So if you don’t do business face-to-face, do you even need business cards?
Yes. And here’s why:
Brick and Mortar Stores Are Making a Comeback
Stay with me. This is relevant, I promise.
Is there an Amazon Books store in your neighborhood? There might be soon. The digital e-commerce giant has officially entered the real world. Why? “It’s very hard to launch a brand these days that’s just online-only,” said Sucharita Mulpuru, a retail analyst at Forrester Research. “It’s an incredibly difficult and crowded e-commerce environment.”
Indeed, there are more than 800,000 online stores, each competing for search rankings in Google. That means you need another tool to get your brand out there. Amazon chose brick and mortar stores, but business cards are cheaper.
So what do physical stores have that online stores don’t?
- A more personalized touch
- Personable salespeople who can look customers in the eye and offer a handshake
- The ultimate location-targeted sales
- Brand presence even when people are “unplugged”
- The ability to reach people who don’t use the internet (yes, these people still exist)
And guess what? Your business cards offer all that and more.
If you want to find customers, the web might be more efficient look at more info. But sometimes your business needs other kinds of connections like investors, partners, and employees. You might be able to find all of these people on the web, but you’re not going to impress them with an email introduction or a few likes on Facebook.
To impress the best, it’s all about in-person networking. And I’m not just talking about networking events. What about that time you shared an elevator with that PR pro you hope to work with someday? Or the day you learned your brother-in-law is a stunning example of your ideal client? Did you fumble for a pen and a napkin to get your information in this person’s hands?
How much more professional would you have looked if you were able to hand them your contact info, along with that branding you’ve invested in, all at once. Business cards – with a Vivid Visual Solutions business logo design in Southfield, MI, of course – are convenient-to-carry, attractive, professional, and simply more graceful.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column width=””1/2″”][vc_single_image image=””928″” img_size=””large”” image_hovers=””false””][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]
Success in the Palm of your Hand
Still think business cards are soooo five years ago? Think about this:
- Nationwide, people print 10 billion business cards annually
- The average increase in a company’s business after handing out 2,000 cards is 2.5%
- While 88% of business cards are thrown away, 9% of those are discarded because the recipient had added the information into their digital contact list. 63% throw them away because they don’t need your services
- Prospective clients hold onto a color business card 10 times longer than a standard white card
Instead of giving up business cards for dead, we recommend using them more effectively instead. Don’t paper the floors of conferences and exhibit halls with your cards. Instead, hand them out to those who truly want them. And make each one a better representation of your brand by getting a professional business logo design in Southfield with Vivid Visual Solutions.
Get started with your logo today!